Tuesday 18 December 2012

18th December 2012

Apologies for the previous few days where I've not been able to get full race previews out. In anticipation of tomorrow as well I am off on holiday but will still be providing posts from abroad over the busy Christmas period. They may however be up at unusual times.

The weekend was a positive one in terms of racing results, and as always Cheltenham Watch 2013 will be updated, but the news of Big Buck's and Al Ferof's injuries has managed to completely dampen my mood. As many of you will know, the former is my favourite and the crux of my antepost Cheltenham betting and the latter was my King George pick. For 4 years I've journeyed to Cheltenham to watch Big Buck's on the Thursday and it's such a shame I won't be able to so this year. Thankfully the two have not suffered life threatening injuries, and there does seem hope that they will return next season. Until we hear otherwise, then my sympathy goes out to those whose bets have also been ruined!

Here's a selection for today.

13.00 Folkestone

A couple of names stand out here, but arguably because they have to bounce back from poor performances. Godsmejudge and BARLOW both performed poorly last time out, but the latter is expected to improve for a return to a sounder surface. Talkonthestreet hasn't seemed the same horse this year as last season so again is taken on. The rest of the field leaves little on form grounds to be desired and this should hopefully be an easy one for Warren Greatrex's horse. 11/4 Bet365, Coral

Good luck!

The Horse Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment